Monday, January 28, 2013

E Meets Grandpa B!

It finally happened.  After 8 weeks of life, E has met all of his grandparents.  One thing I have learned since becoming a parent, is that things seldom happen according to the plan anymore.  E is either too cranky or too tired to leave the house at the appointed time, or to go down for a nap at the appointed time, or too excited to wait for his due date to be born.

The original plan was for my parents to come down and visit right after E was born around Christmas, but because he was three weeks early, and my dad was on a business trip in Oklahoma, that didn't happen.  And then some other things happened which prevented my dad from coming to visit.  So Hubsters and I decided if Dad couldn't come to E that we would take E to Dad.

This picture is the first time E meets my dad.  I love the huge smile on my dad's face as he holds his first grandchild for the first time.  Looking at this you might think that E doesn't like Grandpa, but in actuality, E was still working on a burp that we couldn't get out, so he was just uncomfortable.




But then things got better.  E decided to check out the new person holding him, and then E decided Grandpa was cool.  He soon lost interest in Grandpa and decided to look at the black box that Mommy kept pointing at him...what was that???




I'm excited for E to get to know Grandpa and for my dad to spend some time with E.  I love family!

2 comments:

  1. yeah! I'm so glad you made it there! I hope you have a wonderful time visiting and that the trip back goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, it's so 100% clear that he's your kid because he's wearing shorts in Maine in January :)

    ReplyDelete