Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Clear Schedule and Banana Bread

Now that I'm officially in the third trimester, I am tired ALL the time.  And if you're curious, Bopper is about this size (but a little heavier as he was 2 lbs 6 oz last week at our last sonogram).  Hubsters was gracious last night and let me sleep for 11 hours.  Well, I was in bed for 11 hours though it wasn't all sleep, but it was all sweet.  Yay for pillows, a Kindle, and a great book!

Anyway, today is one of those rare days when there is nothing on the schedule until I go to my prenatal pilates class tonight.  I'm taking advantage of the opportunity with nothing on the schedule to do not much at all but putz around the house.  Especially when it looks like this outside:


(Which, if you can't tell, is drizzly, gray, and very muggy)

My husband likes to eat bananas with his cereal, and I like bananas in general, but sometimes I purchase too many and they get mushy.  It's a good thing that along with bananas, my husband likes banana bread, and my mother-in-law has a GREAT recipe for banana nut bread that she passed on to me.

A few banana loaves ago, when I ran out of nuts, I learned that Hubsters likes the bread better without the nuts.  Which is a win-win-win:  a win for the wallet as nuts are expensive, a win for me as I don't have to keep nuts on hand and it's one less step to do in making the bread, and a win for Hubsters as he gets bread that he likes!

I hope you enjoy my bread making journey as much as Hubsters and I like to eat the bread!



After 60 minutes in the oven you end up with this:





And of course, a sink that looks like this (with the exception of the large pot on the right which is still soaking after being used to make mashed potatoes for dinner last night), which makes me miss my sous chef very much:



I'd like to take a moment to showcase my favorite cabinet in the kitchen, my baking cabinet:



Now that the bread is done, it's time to start organizing Bopper's dresser and put away some clothes that were passed on to us by Grace after her son grew out of them.  Hubsters and I are so grateful for her generosity since we won't have to purchase many newborn clothing items at all.  And then I think I will work at rediscovering my enjoyment of embroidery, or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you miss your sous chef. I will be there in a couple of weeks. I miss the greatest cook in the world. Ha, ha, I just realized I made a joke.
    But, you certainly cook much better than I do

    ReplyDelete