Those who know me well will be some of the first to tell you that I am not the neatest or most organized person. My home, and my husband will attest to that. I am working on it, I promise. Before Bopper arrived, our home was pretty normal, we had a living room with a coffee table in the proper place with books and magazines on it.
I have had this particular coffee table since I moved to DC, so for 9
years. It has served me well, except that I could never find baskets
that fit in the cubby hole, and I've tried. When I lived with Jenn and
Priya we bought baskets that we thought would fit only to get them home
to discover they were a quarter of an inch too tall...ugh.
Then Bopper arrived, and this little 6 pound person took over our home. Instead of the coffee table being directly in front of the sofa in foot's reach, it has been pushed to the wall to make room for a play quilt and lots, and lots of baby toys.
I've done my fair share of tripping over these toys after a late night of trying to put Bopper to bed when all he wanted to do was either play or cry. And then I made a discovery. The little canvas bin we got to hold diapers on Bopper's changing station is the PERFECT size for the coffee table cubby holes, and the PERFECT size to hold his toys.
So, now instead of toys everywhere, I can proudly say I can put them away at the end of each play time and my living room looks better for it.
And poor Clarence, the singing elephant, is happier too, now that I'm not stepping on him everyday.
What a wonderful discovery!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was so wonderful to see you and E last night.
Sorry I had to go . Hubster was hungry.