Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Kitchen Creativity

We had the pleasure of hosting my mom for about 9 week while I healed from surgery on my rotator cuff.  During the last few weeks we had a good system down; she would play with Bopper while I made dinner.

Well, since my shoulder is much better, my mom went home.  Now it's up to me to figure out how to keep Bopper contained and entertained while I create dinner.

The first attempt was to put him in the exersauser.  That lasted for all of 15 minutes.  Then I set out a blanket on the floor and surrounded him with pillows.  He refused to sit, and just laid on the floor doing this:



Then he decided to find his toes.  But it was the point when he rolled around and looked for the garbage can and the fire extinguisher that I knew this would no longer work.




So this was the final solution:



Don't judge me for containing my curious 8-month old with a laundry basket.

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture of Bopper in the laundry basket. He is very happy there. He is rolling so fast he would be your bedroom in a blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I used to put you in one of those, except in my day it was called a playpen. Laundry basket is a great idea and I know Bopper thinks it's an adventure.

    ReplyDelete