Sunday, September 2, 2012

Go Nationals!

One of the nice things about living in DC is that there is never a lack of activities to take part in!  And now that it's summer (even though it's almost over, but it's still hot here!) we have baseball!  In the past, the Washington Nationals have not been so hot, but as of this posting, they are in first place in the National League!  We went to a game earlier in the season with Bill's sister and her family.  It rained, but they won.  Last Friday night Bill took me to another game.  We splurged for the cheap seats, which I personally find to be the best, because you get a bird's eye view of the entire game.  Let me tell you, it was hot.  Like 94 degrees at 9PM hot.  Ugh, especially for being 5.5 months pregnant.  But the boys did great, beating the St. Louis Cardinals 10-0, and Mr Gio Gonzales pitched his first career shut-out!  But the best part was the soft pretzel Bill bought me.

Call it being pregnant, but it was one of the best pretzels I've had.  Shortly after I DEVOURED the pretzel, Bill snapped this picture of me and little Bopper.  This is technically Bopper's second baseball game, but the first where he could hear things in the outside world.

As you can see, it was hot that night.  But we had a great time.  Especially when Bopper started jumping up and down at the end of the 9th inning when the rest of the crowd was on its feet cheering for Gio.  Good game!

2 comments:

  1. I think you look beautiful. Go Nationals - but I think I am suppose to be rooting for the Red Sox. They aren't doing to well this year and then they made those trades for money. hum....
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm. experimenting with posting a comment - mom

    ReplyDelete