Yes, my birthday. Or, as I like to say, my "birfday." I won't tell you how old I am, but I will tell you that I'm old enough now that I have to stop and think about it whenever anyone asks me my age.
It was a wonderful day, because I got to spend the entire day with Hubsters. Any day where I get to spend the entire day with my Hubsters is a blessing to me!
Hubsters' birthday was in October, and we didn't really do much to celebrate. So I told him he could choose where we had lunch. He selected Pork Barrel BBQ in Del Ray. Here was our feast:
One of the only things I really wanted to do was have Cold Stone Ice Cream. I had my usual, Cake Batter ice cream with Heath Bar, chocolate chip cookie dough, and chocolate fudge. I was in heaven.
The best thing about the ice cream...it was free! Not only did I redeem a coupon for a BOGO-free, but I found a $10 gift card that Mrs Feeney gave me in August of 2010. Score!!!
After stuffing my face with BBQ and ice cream, Hubsters and I made our way to Stafford for our married small group. Normally we would have read and then discussed a few chapters of Randy Alcorn's "Money, Possessions, and Eternity," but the leaders decided it would be more fun to decorate gingerbread houses. Hubsters and I didn't complain. Here is what we created:
| Front view. Includes a walkway, mailbox (on the left) and some bushes (on the right). |
| Side and rear view. A green and red tree and a patio. |
| The other side. That fenced in area is the Christmas tree farm. |
Thanks to the Turner's for hosting us, and happy birthday to Mary R too!!! It was a wonderful day.

you certainly don't mess around with your gingerbread houses!! :)
ReplyDelete