Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's Raining Babies???

October 27, 2012

My dear, sweet friend, Kim, threw me a baby shower on October 27th.  It was such a sweet time!  Many dear friends and family came together to celebrate Bopper's life as God continued to knit him together in my womb.

Kim and her sweet boy, N!
 For those of you who don't know this, Kim is an awesome baker, and boy, did she bake up a storm!  There were finger foods to out do all finger goods, including pumpkin scones to satisfy my pumpkin craving.  And heck, it was the fall, and who doesn't like pumpkin in the fall.  In addition to pumpkin, there was Nutella.  Ever had the stuff before?  If not, be careful, because it's addicting.  It's hazelnut/chocolate spread, and I love it.  Hubsters has to hide our jar from me so that I don't eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Many dear friends came to the shower, and some even traveled long distances to be there.  Not counting my mom who flew in from Maine, I am so grateful for Laura (who is expecting her own bundle of joy - so happy for her!!!) and Mrs Feeney who came eastern PA, and for Priya who came from Harrisburg.  I had other relatives come from Fredericksburg, VA and Blacksburg, VA.  It was wonderful to be blessed by all these women.

The Grandmas-to-be!

Dear, sweet, Priya!  How I miss her!
Thanks to Kim and Betsy and Angela for helping put on the shower.  Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Oh, and don't mind the chubby pregnant woman...we'll blame the extra weight on Bopper and water retention.

Playing the Rice and Clothes Pin Game - it was hard!
 
Cupcakes!

 
Showered with gifts and love beyond what I deserve.  Thank you all!
And thank you, Skype!  Great-Grandma-to-be was unable to travel from Maine for the shower, so we Skyped her in so she could join the festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment