Monday, December 31, 2012

Some Quick Thinking

When we brought E to the doctor for his very first visit almost four weeks ago (wow - tomorrow he'll be four weeks old!!) the doctor said that he should wear one more layer than what we are comfortable wearing so that he doesn't get cold.  I asked the doctor how that worked when Hubsters wears sweatpants and a sweatshirt when I'm walking around in shorts and a tank top.  The doctor said we'd have to find a happy medium...which is basically like saying, "take a wild guess and hope the child doesn't freeze to death."

Today I'm actually wearing socks and a sweatshirt, but this morning I was hot, so I dressed E in a very cute onesie with short sleeves.  As the day wore on, it did indeed get colder in his room.  Being the mom that I am, I couldn't bear stripping off all of his clothes just to put on a long-sleeved undershirt because that would be more trauma for E and more laundry for me.

So I got creative:



Yes, those are socks on his hands...the purpose was to keep his arms warm since he always manages to wriggle his arms out of his swaddle.

E, your mom is crazy, but I'm sure you'll learn to love her all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment